“ROYAL HISTORIAN OF OZ”
Entrants in this year’s contest must write a story of 500 or fewer words using all of the 15 words listed below, or a form of the word.
4th, 5th & 6th Grade: n previous n combination
n statement n revolt n announce n avoid n terms
n official n continue n appoint n nervous n thrill n silent
n selfish n plastic
7th-12th Grade: n signature n accumulate n artificial n casserole
n decline n enhance n evaluate n forfeit n glimpse n intercept
n justice n negative n omitted n paradise n passenger
Adult: n dismiss n itinerary n plethora n stigma n appease n gullible
n meticulous n pristine n viable n analyze n brief n commission
n conduct n resolution n vibrant
There are five categories for entrants: 4th grade, 5th grade, 6 grade, 7th-12th grades, and adult group. First, second, third, and fourth prizes will be awarded in each category. The International Wizard of Oz Club will donate the prizes.
Story Requirements:1. The story must be about the Land of Oz and the wonderful characters that live and visit there.
2. The story must have a title (words from the list of fifteen may be used in the title, but that isn’t required). If the words are used in the title they must still be used in the story.
3. The story must be 500 words or fewer.
4. The story must contain all 15 words listed above, and each of the 15 words must be underlined in the final copy of the story.
5. Be Creative! Baum penned 13 sequels to “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.” New characters and adventures were introduced in each book. Use Baum and or your own characters to create your Land of Oz story.
General Rules:1. Only one entry per person.
2. All entries must be typed, double-spaced, front side only on white printer paper (entries of more than one page should be stapled in the upper left-hand corner).
3. Electronic entries will NOT be accepted.
4. Entries will not be returned and will become property of Oz-Stravaganza!.
5. The registration form should be clipped, filled out, and attached to the entry. Be sure your name and phone number is on each page of your entry.
6. All entries should be sent to: Oz-Stravaganza! Royal Historian of Oz
Writing Contest, P. O. Box 456, Chittenango, NY 13037
7. All entries must be postmarked by midnight on May 14, 2015.
8. The entries will be judged by a group of qualified professionals.
9. The winners will be announced the week of May 25, 2015, on the
Oz-Stravaganza! website. (www.oz-stravaganza.com)
10. Prizes will be awarded to the winners in each age group. The first place entries, in each age group will be read on stage Sunday, June 7th at 11 a.m., in Oz-Stravaganza! Park during the festival in Chittenango, NY.
11. For further information contact Mark Zane at: 315-498-7254 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2015 OZ COSTUME CONTEST
For ages infants to adults!
Dress up like Dorothy, the Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion, The Wicked Witch, Glinda, Munchkins or any other Oz book/movie character.
There will be THREE awards per category & age group.
Registration begins at 12:15 p.m.
Stickles Park at the intersection of Genesee Street (Route 5) and Falls Blvd.
Judging starts promptly at 12:45 p.m.
Awards will be presented immediately following judging in the Gazebo in
Stickles Park prior to the Oz parade.
All awards that are NOT picked up at the ceremony will be available for the winners to pick up at the Chittenango Village Hall during normal business hours.
You MUSTregister/check-in at the registration area when you arrive.
Please print out the registration form located at the bottom of this page and bring with you to costume judging. Do not send in advance.
FOR MORE QUESTIONS & INFORMATION
Please contact Terry:
Phone: 315-727-4931 • E-mail: email@example.com
*Light refreshments will be provided for costume contest contestants.
*Parents/Guardians are responsible for their children marching in the parade.
2015 OZ COLORING CONTEST
Sponsored byThe Wilson Insurance Agency, Inc.
Top row from left to right: Elizabeth Knox, Brenna Stanton, Anna Wickes, Paul Wood
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 315-687-7114, 315-333-2286,
Welcome > History of L. Frank Baum > Mission Statement > World Record Attempt > Calendar > Sponsors/Sponsorships 2015 > Live Entertainment > Special Guests 2015 > Lodging > Volunteering > Miss Oz-Stravaganza! Pageant > Munchkin Mile Fun Run & Toto’s Toddler Trot 2015 >
Writing, Coloring & Costume Contests 2015
2015 Oz-Stravaganza! Contests